What To Expect At Your Initial Visit
Once we have received a referral from your primary care provider or specialist, we ask that each new patient completes the following forms:
Patient History Form
Assignment of Benefits
Important items to bring with you:
- A valid photo I.D.
- Most current insurance card(s)
- List of current (prescribed and over the counter) medications including:
- Strength of each medication (Ex: 25 mg)
- Dosage frequency (Ex: three times a day)
- All relevant imaging reports (x-ray, MRI, CT scan)
- List of questions you may want to be answered about your condition and/or treatment options
- Proper co-pay amount (please check your insurance card for the correct specialist copay or consult with your insurance company to verify your benefits)
Note: Since there are so many different insurance plans and we won't have a copy of your current insurance cards until you arrive, we recommend you contact your insurance company to verify if Pain Management Group, LLC (Ajit V. Pai, M.D. and/or Karen Rohrman, MSN, RN, NC-P, CCM) are participating providers with your particular insurance plan.
Also, some insurance plans (including some Medicare type plans) require a referral and/or prior authorization for visits and/or procedures. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our main office at 574-251-0498 or 877-614-PAIN .
What To Expect At Your Initial Office Procedure
Important: If you are on aspirin or any blood thinners (including but not limited to - Coumadin, Warfarin, Plavix, Aggrenox, Lovenox, Pradaxa), you will need clearance from the prescribing provider to be off of your blood thinner for five days prior to your procedure with us. Please let us know if you are taking a blood thinner and we will advise you accordingly.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. You will not need to change your clothes.
- Take your regular medications as prescribed - except blood thinners (see important note above).
- If you are scheduled for a cervical (neck) procedure, then please bring a driver.
- To optimize the benefits of your treatment, please follow our Discharge Instructions.